Alternate Nostril Breathing to De-Stress
Alternate nostril breathing to de-stress can have a very calming effect on both body and mind. Closing right nostril first and keeping left nostril open to complete a full breath. Reverse the process, inhale through the left nostril and exhale through the right.
Practice Alternate Nostril Breathing
- Take the long finger and thumb of your right hand.
- Place the tall finger on your left nostril to close it
- Inhale through the right nostril
- Close the right nostril with your thumb
- Open the left nostril and exhale through your left nostril
- Now reverse the process
- Keep the thumb closing the right nostril inhale through the left nostril
- Open the right, close the left nostril and exhale through the right nostril.
Power of Breathing
This breathing helps with emotional stress, if you feel anxious it will calm your thoughts. Should headaches be an issue for you it will reduces headaches. It will support you with physical stress whereby your stress leads to high blood pressure as this breathing will support your during these times, calming the breath and as a result, lower blood pressure.
Alternate nostril breathing is recommended at the end of the day. Giving you calm before going to sleep.
There are times when relaxing is not something we want to do, but perhaps need to do. When the day has been challenging, you have had to deal with an unexpected situation, or when you have too much to think about. Emptying your head of all thoughts is difficult. As you start to overthink, so sleep pattern is affected.
This is a good time to bring in alternate nostril breathing. This will focus your mind, to calm the body, thus enabling you to let go of your thoughts. Having a refreshing sleep is integral to dealing with challenging situations.
Join us on Facebook for up to date news
Our Personal Training 1-2-1 programmes are designed to your needs.